Hi strangers! We have been gone for a long time…I know, unfortunately duty calls. The duty being school. I just can’t do things half way and it seems that school has been taking up all my energy, or more like draining it. Anyway, I got a wild hair today and decided to pop in and say hello with a little holiday pecan recipe for everyone!
How do you say it…. pi-con? Or pee-can?
Me and Lexie say pee-can. Must have got that from our dad, he has a pretty southern accent. For example, our favorite is how he answers the phone. It’s not hello, but “yell-oh”!
This recipe from Cooking Light is for Orange Chipotle-Spiced Pecan Mix and I just think it sounds so delicious!
This would be perfect for any get-together or even as a gift for someone put into a pretty container!
2 1/2 cups (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 225°.
2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Stir in pecans. Combine sugar, salt, and pepper. Add to pecan mixture; toss well. Spread mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 225° for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven; cool completely. Stir in cranberries.
Note: Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Calories: 91 (76% from fat)
- Fat: 7.7g (sat 0.7g,mono 4.6g,poly 2.4g)
- Protein: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 4.8g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 98mg
- Calcium: 1mg