My sister’s mother-in-law, Robin, makes this amazing dessert and I keep telling Stacey to get the recipe from her. Well, I think I have found something that comes pretty close….this Chocolate-Mint Icebox Cake from good ole’ Martha! This dessert is amazing and looks so simple to make! Easy + No Bake = perfect dessert
I don’t think Robin makes her’s with mint, but I think that sounds like a perfect addition…especially for the summer. I can’t wait to try this out!
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Make the mint cream: With an electric mixer, beat heavy cream, sugar, and mint extract until stiff peaks form.
- Line a serving platter with two sheets of wax paper side by side. Assemble the cake: Spread each wafer with about 1/2 tablespoon mint cream, forming stacks. Lay stacks horizontally along seam of paper, pressing gently to form a log. With small spatula or knife, cover log with remaining mint cream. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- To serve, gently remove wax paper from underneath cake (holding cake in place with a metal spatula, if necessary), and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Slice cake diagonally with a serrated knife.