I have a confession….I don’t think I have actually ever had a macaroon. Is that weird? I have seen them and heard so much about them, but I don’t ever remember tasting them. (And, I think I would definitely remember tasting something that looks as delicious as this!)
This recipe came from allrecipes.com and I have a feeling I will be making them very soon! How can you go wrong with coconut? I love it! They seem so light and airy. I bet I could eat like 20
- 1 (14 ounce) package BAKER’S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour baking sheets; set aside. Mix coconut, sugar, flour and salt in large bowl. Stir in egg whites and almond extract until well blended.
- Drop coconut mixture into 36 mounds, 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheets, using about 1 tablespoonful of the coconut mixture for each mound.
- Bake 20 min. or until edges are golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire racks. Cool completely.
Prepare as directed, pressing 1 candied cherry into top of each mound of coconut mixture on baking sheet before baking.
Prepare Coconut Macaroons as directed. Cool. Melt 1 pkg. (8 squares) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate as directed on package. Dip cookies halfway into chocolate; let excess chocolate drip off. Let stand at room temperature or refrigerate on wax paper-covered tray 30 min. or until chocolate is firm.